9/cups has a traditional meaning of wishes being granted. This card can also indicate a time of great personal satisfaction, enjoying sensual and earthly pleasures, goals met and after a period of effort now is the time to kick back and enjoy the fruit of your labors. This is considered one of the most positive cards in the deck and speaks of satisfaction in all areas of your life.
Sometimes we struggle with just enjoying the things we have worked so hard for. We instantly leap to the next goal, the next item on the list without truly taking a moment to congratulate and celebrate our successes. 9/cups is also about feeling pride about what you have done; you made that the world is a better place because of your efforts, you deserve to pat yourself on the back!
1. Do you allow yourself time or energy to celebrate your successes or do you just move onto the next thing. "Yes I did lose 10 pounds, but I have 10 more to go..." Can you just feel good without tacking on what more needs to be done?
2. Write about a time when you really felt a wish came true, how did that feel? What was the wish? Were you careful about what you wished for?
3. This card is also about feeling gratitude, what are you grateful for in your life right now?
4/cups rides a fine line between being introspective and being self absorbed. The positive aspects of 4/swords are the times when you are reflective, meditative, quiet and usually in deep contemplation; all wonderful qualities! Sometimes though that contemplation can mean a personal absorption so self-focused that we miss other important messages literally being handed to us.
It could be the person who wants to be your friend but you are too busy to notice. The elderly neighbor who would love some company but you are too busy. A job or potential mate is available but because we have been so focused on what we think we want we cannot see the wonderful thing being offered just right of center. Being Now-focused helps with seeing what truly is outside of ego.
Take 10 minutes today to be present focused in the company of others, I bet you will see something you did not notice before.
1. Lately, I have been distracted by the following issue... I know I have not been paying attention because...
2. I have a feeling I should bring my focus and attention on the following...
3. Today I took 10 minutes being Now-Focused, this is where I was and this is what happened.
4. Today I took 10 minutes to turn off any electronics that took me out of the present moment, here is what happened...
Tarot of the Boroughs
Monday's 5 minute Tarot connection brings you the Knight of Cups! Knight in general in the Tarot mean action, youthful radiance and exploration. The Knight will whisk ladies upon their horse for a gorgeous and inventive night of romance and refinement. This Knight represents romance, sensitivity, imagination and action into one delightful whole. Most of Disney's Princes would fit the character of this Knight of Cups.
1. When was the last time you had a romantic night out?
2. What does romance mean to you outside of 'red roses, moonlit walks'? How can you include more romance in your daily life?
3. Knight of Cups represents the active giving of romance vs. the passive receiving of it, when is the last time you created a romantic atmosphere for another? Do you know that you can create that atmosphere for friends and not just for lovers?
4. Refinement is a word we do not often hear in our modern lives, do you
Subscribe below to get my daily blog posts right in your email!