Joy In All Possible PlacesRead Now
I love 10/cups because it often represents happiness and joy shared with family, friends and your community. When joy is shared it only magnifies into brilliant prisms of possibility. And most of our joyous thoughts and memories often are with others or for others.
Joy can never be a selfish thing and it is infectious, a beautiful baby smiling lights up a room; we cannot help but be caught by the bug of joy.
This slideshow on the Definitions of Joy truly highlight the act of joy in community. We want to share our happiest moments with others, screaming at the top of our lungs, "I love her!" or getting down on one knee in a crowded restaurant, we cannot resist inviting others into our happiness.
The other part of this equation is sharing in the joy and good fortune being experienced by others, knowing that as happiness radiates from them, so too, does it shine upon us.
1. When others are experiencing happiness and good fortune I respond in the following ways...
2. Are you present-focused when you are in a state of bliss? If not, why not?
3. When you are in a state of joy, how do you share it with others?
4. What can you do to increase more moments of joy, happiness and well-being? (hint: don't know? check the slideshow!)
There is nothing like the honest goodwill and kindness of a child. Without guile, agenda or motives a pure act of kindness: a picked flower, a beautiful rock, a hug from a young one, can change a bad mood into a good one. 6/cups is about kindness, experiencing joy, innocent pleasures acts of giving, and childhood.
It is true that the act of giving feels great and when we do something to lift someone's spirits we also feel happy, too. It can be as small as paying for someone's coffee down the line, filling the parking meter with an extra quarter; small acts of generous grace uplift everyone, especially the giver.
This card is also about children and childhood so spending time with a young loved one helps remind us of the wee little one we once were. Play and imagination are needed throughout our lives and if we need a boost a child will show the way.
1. Today I committed a random act of kindness, here is what I did... it made me feel...
2. I want to create more kindness in my community, here is a plan to do so...
3. One of my favorite childhood fantasy was... my imagination took me to the following places...
8/cups usually depicts a person walking away from standing cups towards the mountains in the evening. He has many cups, but still he is not satisfied, striking out into the unknown he searches for his truth.
Walking away from the known yet unfulfilling thing requires great courage. The greatest visionaries and spiritual leaders in our collective human history started with the great and difficult act of walking away; walking away from the job, the title, the nice life and into the desert to follow a call he could not ignore. Sometimes the leaving is not easy and can be a lonely thing to do, others will not understand and perhaps even judge but to stay means to deny the truth shining brightly within the deepest part of our heart. To stay would mean ignoring a fundamental part of who we are.
1. What do you need to walk away from? What are you unsatisfied about?
2. What will it take to for you to walk away?
3. What part of your Truth is hungering to be let out?
4. Who will you most likely disappoint in the process or
Subscribe below to get my daily blog posts right in your email!
M.S. in Organizational Psychology and Leadership