A. Echevarria, "4P" Watercolor on Dollar Note
In its most basic sensibility 4/pentacles is the card of greed. The picture I chose for this card is in fact not a card at all but a painted one dollar bill. Clicking on the picture will take you to a fabulous art installation where all the art is based on the dollar bill. This painting closely mirrors the traditional picture of a man trying to hold onto his pentacles, but if he moves, they begin to tumble and he loses control.
Perhaps you have everything, but at what cost?
Maybe you have the two door garage, the large suburban home, the SUV, and you work like a dog to keep them all and then a hurricane comes, a lay off comes and you realize that those things are really just an illusion.
So what is left in this scenario? Your health, your loved ones, your dignity, your education, things that transcend, things that are truly precious. You begin to work less, to take more time off, to truly take the vacation you have earned, start taking piano lessons, paint again, see your life from one of abundance, live simply, live fully; begin to let go of trying to control everything and fill that hungry soul for true connection and deep experience. Don't wait until you are retired, fill up that hungry soul now.
1. I am afraid that I will lose the following if I do not maintain control...
2. This is what I have or keep payments on that is more about keeping up with Joneses than anything else...
3. A simple life, a frugal life with less things and more time would look like...
4. I wish I had the time to learn or do...
Stock can both mean investments, inventory, livestock and the main stem of a plant. I find it interesting that 7/Pentacles usually depicts a man overseeing the fruits of his labor as we see both the stocks that the pentacles are hanging from as well as the stock of fruit and seeds to increase prosperity later on.
7/Pentacles is a rest in the bee-like amassing of good fortune in the pentacles suit. It is time to take stock, assess your progress, realign efforts towards what is working and abandon what does not. Things are growing but we are not there yet. We may be hungry or frustrated with the harvest that has not yet come to pass.
1. What do you need to assess in your life right now, what is working and what is not?
2. What isn't working and how will you change your strategy?
3. What is working and what are your next steps?
4. What is the big picture goal for you right now and do your steps take to or away from that goal?
Like the proton and the electron, 2/pentacles is stable, repeating movement in respect to one another. In every other suit, the twos suggest stability but with the pentacles, the twos take on a dynamic action suggesting that while the situation is energetic it is also sustainable.
2/pentacles keeps on your feet by injecting a sense of change, flexibillity, and working within your flow. Sustaining 80% of your capacity is 2/pentacles. 2/pentacles usually has a person juggling both pentacles, while active and engaged she is not straining, in fact she seems to be enjoying the momentum and her ability to compensate and adapt to the ever shifting conditions.
1. What are you juggling in your life right now, does it fill you with energy or dread?
2. In what ways are you an agent of change in your life and in others' lives?
3. Are you sustaining 80% capacity in any area of your life? When you are working at that level, how does it feel and what are the typical outcomes?
4. Is there momentum in your life you are currently engaged in and enjoying? If not, does change create anxiety for you? What do you do to mitigate the anxiety you feel in change situations?
Subscribe below to get my daily blog posts right in your email!