3/wands speaks to the part of ourselves who are the leaders, the dreamers, who see long term opportunities down the road. Look out across the far horizon and see what opportunities are in store for you.
3/wands indicates a time of continued growth, strategic long term visioning and stepping back to see the forest for the trees especially in terms of work, projects, and all kinds of creative endeavors.
Expansion is possible but keep a keen eye on the overarching tone and message of your expression. Make sure everything is in alignment for your continued success. 3/wands can also indicate a time when we are focusing too much on small details.
1. I have been overly focusing on these details but I am not sure how they are connected to the overall view of my success...
2. When I think about next steps for my personal growth, this is the plan I would like to implement for myself.
3. Sometimes what I want and what I do are not in alignment. Here are some areas of my life that I need to change so that they are in alignment with what I ultimately want for myself.
4. This is where I am heading...
A. Echevarria, "4P" Watercolor on Dollar Note
In its most basic sensibility 4/pentacles is the card of greed. The picture I chose for this card is in fact not a card at all but a painted one dollar bill. Clicking on the picture will take you to a fabulous art installation where all the art is based on the dollar bill. This painting closely mirrors the traditional picture of a man trying to hold onto his pentacles, but if he moves, they begin to tumble and he loses control.
Perhaps you have everything, but at what cost?
Maybe you have the two door garage, the large suburban home, the SUV, and you work like a dog to keep them all and then a hurricane comes, a lay off comes and you realize that those things are really just an illusion.
So what is left in this scenario? Your health, your loved ones, your dignity, your education, things that transcend, things that are truly precious. You begin to work less, to take more time off, to truly take the vacation you have earned, start taking piano lessons, paint again, see your life from one of abundance, live simply, live fully; begin to let go of trying to control everything and fill that hungry soul for true connection and deep experience. Don't wait until you are retired, fill up that hungry soul now.
1. I am afraid that I will lose the following if I do not maintain control...
2. This is what I have or keep payments on that is more about keeping up with Joneses than anything else...
3. A simple life, a frugal life with less things and more time would look like...
4. I wish I had the time to learn or do...
6/Swords indicates a time of healing and processing after trauma. Not quite out of the woods yet, we blearily make our way to the light.
Maybe we feel unsure about our next steps; perhaps the only thing we know is we survived and things will get better.
As we move towards a healthy place, we still may be sad or regretful over what was but hope is like a beacon off in the distance. You know you will move towards something better, you know you deserve something better. Many traditional cards depict a person directing the boat. Not much is talked about this person but I find this is an indication that when we are at our most bereft, we are never alone. Spirit always carries us over the gap. Your only job is to learn hard lessons and get better.
1. I have been struggling getting over this issue in my life.
2. I am experiencing and processing trauma around this issue in the following ways...
3. I am being gentle with myself and hopeful about my future in the following ways...
4. I know Spirit is carrying me over the gap because...
Subscribe below to get my daily blog posts right in your email!